Monday, November 25, 2013

It's almost December and transfers...Loco!


Hola Familia!
Life is good here in Sucre! Holy cow! I am so so excited for Molly and her mission call! AH! The mission is the greatest most amazing thing in the world. She is going to love it and be so amazing!!! We worked hard this week and it was hard but we have a handful of new investigators so hopefully we can see some progress with them! We taught one family this week, the Familia Copa. The father, Edwin, is inactive. He was baptized when he was 10 because at that time to use the soccer field you had to be a member. He didn't even have a Book of Mormon which was super sad! His wife, Nohelia, and daughter, Leslie, are not members. We taught them the parable of the Ten Virgins. This is definitely one of my favorite parables. The spirit was so strong in this lesson and they have the sincere desire to do what is right. They just need to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon and the Restoration and I have faith that this can happen! I already have a great love for this family and want so badly that one day they can get sealed in the temple!
Mom mentioned that she wanted to know what my everyday life is like, so here is my average day:
6:30 wake up, say my prayer, work out (which consists of jump roping or ballet haha)
7:00 get ready, eat breakfast (this week was strawberry yogurt, oats, and bananas)
8:00 personal study (Book of Mormon, New Testament, Preach my Gospel)
9:00 companionship study
10:00 language study--right now were reading the ensign, me in Spanish and Hna Bolaños in English and are working on our pronunciation.
11:00 go out and work and teach. The mornings are a little hard because we rarely have set appointments but it's good:)
1:00 eat lunch which always is soup with a second course of rice and meat and veggies and with a postre which can be fruit or yogurt or flan or jello
2:00 leave to go teach some more and bring the people of Sucre unto Christ:)
8:30ish eat dinner
9:15ish plan for the next day
10:30 go to sleep!
It's pretty excited I know....:) but really it is great! I love having a schedule to follow and I know that it is divine! I love studying in the morning and it prepares me for the day and for what we are going to teach!
This week we had a special training with the president and his wife. It was exactly what I needed. They talked about using our time wisely and this is definitely something I need to get better at. I have never been super great at using my time well so I am excited to get better at this! President and Hermana Dyer are so great and I am so grateful for them!
Yesterday we had a special training about ward counsel for the area and they showed a training with Nolan Taylor as the mission president. So that was cool! haha.
I'm sorry my emails aren't super exciting or funny haha. I'm not good with words, but yeah, all is well! And I am happy. Hermana Bolaños and I get along super well and laugh all the time!
I love you all! xoxoxoxox
Hermana Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment