Monday, July 28, 2014

The Lord just doesn't let you get comfortable, does he?‏

Me with my cute new companion, Hna Vara! She was a trooper and made it to church with her foot all taped up and two different shoes (thanks hna wilson for leaving your sandal;))
Once again it has been quite the week! I was just getting used to the trio life, when I got the call from the assistants that I was getting a companion!!! Her name is Hna Vara. She is from Lima, Peru and has 2 months in the mission. Her trainer was sick and had to go home so I now have the opportunity to be with her! She is so so amazing and has such a desire to work hard as a missionary. I feel like I have learned so much from her in just the couple days we have had together. She is so diligent and has such a positive attitude.
Friday we had such a wonderful second day together, teaching lessons, finding new investigators and serving the members. As we were heading to the pension after doing service in the Bishop's house it was dark and my companion didn't see a high step that we had to step down from. It was so sad because we were all happy and laughing arm in arm as she fell and hit the ground so hard. She told me she thought she hurt both of her ankles. My only thought was "oh no, I am going to have to send home two companions this transfer." haha. But luckily that was not the case. After getting help from some members that were passing by she got cleaned up in the church and then we went to the hospital. Luckily she didn't break a bone and it was just a sprain. She had to stay off of it for two days though which was a huge bummer cause we were so excited to work. But now everything is better and she'll be good to work this week.
It's just so funny cause at the start of this transfer I thought that it was going to be a transfer super chill where we would just work hard every day hitting the streets, but the Lord definitely had something else planned. It's been hard because there is nothing I love more than just getting out and working but now I am learning how to go with the flow and how to trust more in the Lord and that he'll take care of it all. And more than anything I have learned how to love and serve my companions. Every one of them has been so amazing and wonderful. I feel so blessed.
This week I finished reading "Our Heritage" from the mission library. I just loved this book so much and especially the end when it talks about all the latter-day prophets. I just felt such a sweet feeling knowing that the Lord really talks to prophets today to lead and guide us. It is amazing to see how the prophets and their apostles give everything to serving the Lord. I love reading their talks as well in the conference Ensign. We are so blessed to be led by prophets. I feel much gratitude for the opportunity to be a missionary and help them in their efforts to bring the gospel to the people here in Bolivia. What a wonderful and beautiful time it is to be serving the Lord.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Hermana Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment