Sunday, January 11, 2015

The other side of the other side of heaven...‏

We love the bishop’s wife!!!
The thing I made for the thank you party our ward threw for Elder and Soeur Pecqueux, who have finished up their missions. It was a hit!
I may good at writing but look at what the Tahitian sisters did for the party! Wow... It’s incredible. I tried weaving one myself but it did NOT turn out the same haha

I look kinda crazy heh but this is me with Soeur Pecqueux!

So I have some good news and some super crazy news.

Let’s start with the good news first. I'm staying with Soeur Tellus!!! Wahoo!! I’m so happy! We have gotten sooo much better at teaching together and the fruits of our labors are just starting to show, so I am so happy we get to keep going! En plus I just really love Soeur Tellus. :) Aaaand we have a new addition to our team as well! Soeur Westerlind. She is from California and she got here right when Soeur Tellus came. Wahoo!

And now for the super crazy news...

We aren't staying in Motor Pool. We aren't even staying in the south. That's right....
WE ARE GOING TO KONE.  Yes. Did you hear that right? Koné. The one up NORTH. The one where sister missionaries have NEVER gone before. The one that doesn't even have a branch, but an annex to a branch with no active members except for the missionaries. (There will be a set of Elders up by where we are as well.) We are going there. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Mom, please don't freak out :) It is actually pretty civilized up there. It’s like the capital of the North. There are stores and streets and things. And the internet I’m pretty sure!! But I mean... It won’t be anything like Noumea. I’m so excited!!!!!!!!

Heavenly Father has definitely prepared me for this. We will be whitewashing from Elders and literally starting from scratch all over again. I am so grateful for the experiences that I have had here in Motor Pool to get me ready, because I couldn't have gone straight from Mont Dore to Koné without learning a little more about how to build up a secteur first. It feels good to know that President trusts me enough to put me up there. We are sooo PUMPED to take on this challenge.

But of course we are getting moved right as things are going perfectly. Last Wednesday we set baptism dates with Lovina and with Josie! It’s a huge bummer that we can’t continue to work with them but it is super cool to know that fruits are coming from our labors. Wow!! Elders will be replacing us.

Welp... there ya go! We head up there on Friday. It takes about three hours to get there. Ah I am so excited!! Ready or not, here we go.

Love you all so much! Next week I’ll be emailing you from the wilderness!!! :)

xoxoxo
Soeur Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment