Monday, January 13, 2014

LIFE IS CRAZY.

 Me with Sariel y Camilia my favorite investigators
 The missionaries of Barrio Estacion! And Leidy our soon to be missionary!
This week was quite the week! I experienced every different emotion but at the end of every day I could easily say that I saw the hand of the Lord in this work!
Trifon, who was set to be baptized, was traveling the weekend before the week of his baptism. When we went to visit him after his travels he told us that he has a major problem and can't meet with us anymore and thus, won’t be baptized. Needless to say we were devastated. I have never felt so sad. I love him so much and was so excited for him to make this covenant, but I know the Lord is in control of things and that his time will come when he is ready to be baptized. But before we left he said something beautiful "I'm sorry Hermanitas, but know that I will never forget my Heavenly Father." I know that our Father in Heaven is looking out for him and that it'll all work out in the end. As we were walking down the street Hermana Bolaños and I both had tears streaming down our faces, but just 30 minutes later the Lord blessed us! We were able to teach a family that we have been trying to contact for months. They were so prepared for us and asked us how they can be better parents for their children. The spirit was so strong as we testified of the strength the teachings of the Church bring the family. We were so blessed to find this family and I have faith that they will progress in the gospel as we teach them more! Trifon may have not been ready to be baptized, but the Lord knew exactly who we needed to talk to and who is ready to progress by putting this family in our path!
Some funny things that happened this week... I was saying goodbye to an investigator in the street and as I turned around to leave I smacked my face with a cable thing that stretches from the light posts. Super funny. I was also walking close to the edge of a curb and my foot that was the furthest away from the curb slipped off and I ended up doing a 90 degree turn and fell perfectly in a sitting position on the edge of the curb. It was hilarious. We were dying. My companion also had the opportunity to almost step on dead mice in the street three times. So funny.
So the part you all are waiting for... My first change of area!!!!!!! I am going to the area Colcapirua 3 (I definitely can't pronounce this area haha) in the zone Alamos in Cochabamba. It is a new area for sisters. Hermana Burton and Hermana Perez opened this area this last transfer. Hermana Burton is finishing her mission tomorrow. Hermana Perez is from Guatemala and is new in the mission so I will be finishing her training, which I am super excited to do! It is a lot of responsibility, but I am excited for what I am going to learn. I was talking with Hermana Burton (who is my "sister" in the mission) and she told me it's a lot more rustic than the area I am in right now... haha so that will be fun. It sounds like I will definitely be putting the bug spray I brought to use. I am excited for this area--it sounds more like the "Bolivia" I was expecting cause right now, for the most part I feel like I could be in the USA. I am so sad to leave everyone here. I have so many beautiful memories and friendships, but I know the Lord has more in store for me in Cochabamba. My companion is super sad and is not happy with the transfer, but it'll all work out. I'll be leaving tomorrow in the morning to Cochabamba. I am sending one of my suitcases with all my heavy stuff by bus to Cochabamba because now we can only have 30 kilos of stuff to fly... I am excited to see what the next couple months bring!
I love you all so much! Have a great week! I'll be praying for you!
Con mucho amor,

Hermana Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment