Monday, January 27, 2014

HI FAM.

Hola!
This was another great week in the mission field! I am so happy and all is going well!
We have one investigator, José that is really excited for his baptism. When we asked if he would be baptized he said, "YEAH, just tell me the time and the day and I'll be there." He also really wants for his family and friends to come to church with him and change their lives as well. He is reading every day and really wanting to make a change in his life. He has epilepsy (I have no idea how to spell that) and received a blessing yesterday from the bishop that was really beautiful. I am excited to see how he will progress the next couple weeks. We had a really cool experience as we were teaching an investigator, Delía, about the Book of Mormon. It was amazing as scriptures came into my mind that I had read the day before which were exactly what she needed to hear to gain the understanding that she needed to have the desire to read it! I really am amazed as the Lord puts the words and scriptures into our minds as we are doing his work! At first I never thought I would be able to remember where scriptures were, but now I have scriptures coming into my mind that I haven't used since I was with Hermana Moscoso. It's so cool. We have a family of nine that we are teaching which is so cool! Five of them have baptismal dates for the 22 and they even came to church yesterday. It was so great. Tonight we have a FHE with them so that will be fun. We're also teaching a mom of 4, Marina, she loves the church and wants to be baptized, but the only problem is she's not married. Her "husband" is fine with her going to our church but doesn't want anything to do with it. We are hoping, slowly, but surely we can gain his confidence and start teaching him.... We'll see what happens. We’re also starting to work better with the members and we are receiving references from them! It is great and I am excited to continue to work with them! The members here are really willing to help us and have time to go out with us. It is awesome.
Saturday we went to the house of Marina to do service in the morning. It consisted of moving rocks from one location to a giant puddle of water. So that the water would stop entering their house. So that was fun. It was also raining hahah which added another dynamic. But really it was so fun! The rain, still, is much better than the sun!
Things are great with Hermana Pérez! We are doing just dandy and get along super well! She is willing to work hard but also knows how to have fun at the same time. It's great! Hermana Bolaños got an emergency transfer and will be coming to Cochabamba today and will be my new sister training leader which is cool! But I am sad for her cause she doesn't want to leave Sucre. I also hope that my area and investigators in Sucre will be okay (Juan José and Gladys are really for reals planning a wedding!), cause her comp has only been there two weeks... But I know the Lord knows what is best! I still love Scure so much. haha It was cool because I saw the bishop and his wife and the ward secretary at the temple! So awesome!
Speaking of the temple.... We went to the temple this week! It was so great and I loved it so much. It's always a great reminder of why I am here in the mission and my objective as a missionary! It was also cute to see Hermana Hill there as well!
Wellp, Life is good! I love you all so much! Keep up the good work!
xoxoxoxoxoxox
Hermana Gardiner


No comments:

Post a Comment