Monday, June 9, 2014

Say no to drugs

 Vaiarii and me!
 Who says missionaries aren’t allowed to have fun?
 Soeur Raney, our cool friend Glen who is on vacation here from Wallis and Vaihau

Iorana! Et bonjour mes cheries!

I love living on this island. And teaching our amis! Ah, life is so good.

(Molly is working with an inactive and things are going really well.)

And oh yeah, this week I was offered my first cigarette. And I said no! Officer Wilko of D.A.R.E. would be so proud. That was a good day, haha.

Last night we had a soiree familiale with a family from Vanuatu that is Seventh Day Adventist. We taught them I am a Child of God in Bishlama. When I was saying the closing prayer, the dad was saying yes and amen throughout the whole thing. They are the coolest family! And they speak English better than French, so that was a relief.

Speaking of French. Over the past week or so my French skills have grown exponentially!! I have become so much more confident and it’s just awesome. And I know it wouldn’t happen without help from the Savior.

Miracles happen. All it takes is faith and a little bit of hard work!

Je vous aime tellement!! Passe une bonne semaine!

Soeur Gardiner


P Day is Monday, but French holidays are always on Mondays and everything closes. Never count on my being able to email on Mondays!

No comments:

Post a Comment