Sunday, September 7, 2014

Francophones. Plural.

A Vanuatese, a Tahitian, and an American walk into a bar.
Sounds like the beginning to a cheesy joke, right? Turns out, the only joke about that phrase is the fact that we would walk into a bar.
I’m going to..... drumroll please.....
MONT DORE.
Didn’t see that one coming, did you? Neither did I! I will be companions with the lovely Soeur Maleb from Vanuatu, and finishing the training of Soeur Tehanin, a Tahitian sister from here who weighs too much to go on her mission to New Zealand! So that brings an interesting challenge. I will definitely be the chef of the house, which means I have to get two islanders to start wanting to eat healthy food.
I NEED HEALTHY EASY YUMMY RECIPES. Recipes that will help my cute companion get to New Zealand sooner than later. Please? Help me. I’m counting on you friends and family! I will appreciate the help so much. Dinners, desserts that are secretly healthy, HELP.
Plus I am the only one out of the three that knows how to drive a car. haha.
This is definitely going to be a challenge, but I know that I’m up to it. They will help me SO MUCH with French, it’ll be awesome. Plus Soeur Maleb can teach me Bislama. :) So excited.
But also heartbroken to leave Dumbea. So hard to leave people that you love so much...
Speaking of people I love so much. We haven’t seen Morina and Nato all transfer, because they’ve had family here from Wallis. Every time I tried to call they said no because they were too busy.
Well, as usual? Most of our miracles happen when other lessons fall through. Soeur Martinez asked, "What are we doing now?" And I said, "Morina and Nato." Arrivé, THEY WERE BOTH HOME. We shared some of Moroni 7 and Nato cried. Such miracles. We have a soirée set up for Thursday! SO amazing. The Lord really is directing us and leading us to where we need to be.
I love you all so much! Thank you so much for the love, prayers, letters, recipes. I appreciate it so much!
JE VOUS AIME.

Soeur Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment