Wednesday, May 7, 2014

VANUATU IS NUMBA ONE

 Vanuatu
 On splits in Vanuatu
The view from the backyard of the mission home in Vanuatu

Bonjour!!! Just sending a quick email to let you know that I am alive and well. It has been quite interesting the past couple of days but I have just fallen in love with Vanuatu. I'll send you a longer on Sunday or maybe earlier depending on mother's day calling plans. I won't know what’s going on with that until I get to New Cal tomorrow.

I love Vanuatu so much that I really would rather not leave. :) But New Cal will be good too. Vanuatu really is numba one though... (numba one is how they say GREAT in Bishlama). I already know I will be serving in the Dumbea Sur Mer area, and I will be trained by Sister Alyssa Raney. President Brewer says that she is AMAZING at French and has already trained someone before, so I am so excited!
Dad, President Brewer says that he knew you would grow up to be a great man. He says that it scares him that someone he was over as a principal already has a daughter on a mission, and he knows it's time for him to die. hahaha. :)

So the plane did lose one of my bags on the way here... today I will find out if I get it back or not. Please don't worry too much about it. It has definitely taught me some humility!  Thank you mom for teaching me to back my bags half and half! I could’ve done a better job of matching the outfits I had in each suitcase... but I'm surviving. If I never get it back, it should be fine. I'll let you know if I need anything. :)
Love you all, and I will send a better email soon!!!


Soeur Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment