Monday, February 24, 2014

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! ‏

 Yes, there really are little frogs everywhere everyday.
 The baptism!
 Pics with my pensionista, Hna Daysi

Pday with Hna Hill. So great.
This was one of the most wonderful weeks of my mission and also one of the most difficult. I learned so much and now have a greater understanding of my purpose as a missionary! 
Monday night we went to visit the familia Ala and they told us that the mom had to leave Wednesday or Thursday to go to her pueblo to bring her weavings (it is incredible to watch her weave!) to the people that are buying them and that they didn't want to get baptized right now. I was crushed because I was so excited for their baptisms and we had worked so hard with them. I am now realizing that this was for the best though, because now they have more time to prepare (it's hard for them to understand even if we are teaching VERY simply) and really have a testimony (they have a new date for the 15th of March). I know that this is the Lord's work and He is in charge of everything. All that matters is that I try my hardest and put forth all my effort and the rest is up to Him.
One of the best moments of my mission was the baptism of Jose Terrazas! I felt so much joy this Saturday as I got to see him enter the waters of baptism! I don't think I have been happier. Jose AND HIS WIFE AND SON showed up for the baptism. It was so beautiful! All went well and he had a member baptize him that lives down the street from him and also has a wife, daughter and baby (a family very similar to Jose's family). It really was so amazing to see how the Atonement has changed his life. How the Gospel of Jesus Christ could bring him the peace and happiness that he needed and how it will continue to bless his life and the life of his family. I am excited to start teaching his wife and I have the faith that one day they will be an eternal family!
Last night was the night of transfers and we didn't even get our transfer until after 10:30! I was so nervous for some reason, but all is well and Hna Pérez and I are together for this transfer! I am also grateful for this! We get along super well, but still have a lot of work to do in becoming more united in our teaching and I am excited to work hard on that this transfer. I have learned so much from Hermana Pérez. She has a genuine love for those around her and always has a smile on her face. I am also so grateful to still be in this area! It is so amazing and we have a lot of work to do here this transfer!
I am still in awe about how amazing it is to be a missionary and be a part of this work. I feel so blessed and am so grateful for the things I have learned and the people I have met. I really feeling the joy that it talks about in Alma 26! This work is one of a kind!
I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!
Hermana Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment