Monday, March 3, 2014

Life is good!‏

 One of my favorite families! We are also teaching her two older children. 
 They are so great!

 The district at the Christ Statue acouple weeks ago
Us with Nohelia and Delia!
Hey fam!
We had another week full of miracles! We are teaching two sisters, Nohelia (24 yrs old) and Delia (19 yrs old), they are great and really love learning about the gospel and are progressing in their personal study and prayer! They only problem is that they work Sundays and haven't made it to church. Last night we went with the ward mission leader to visit them and it ended up being an amazing lesson! The spirit was so strong and testified that if we really act on our faith and trust in what the Lord needs us to do we will receive the help we need. They committed to come to church this next Sunday! I am so excited to see what will happen with them!
Last night I had a great experience after we returned to the house for the night. I was feeling like I needed help and direction. I opened the scriptures to Alma 37 and every word I read was just what I needed. I love what Alma says about faith and obedience! With these two things we really can receive miracles from God! I know with all my heart that Heavenly Father is our father and is ready to give us the guidance and help we need! He loves us all so much! I am excited to focus this transfer on really loving everyone and helping them find what they need through the gospel of Jesus Christ!
Today and tomorrow is carnaval so we have to be in our house at 4:00pm and can't leave after that. It really isn't too bad here in colcapirhua so that is good. What they do here for Carnaval is they get everyone wet. Haha, but I have only gotten wet once Saturday when someone threw water at us from their car. It was amazing yesterday that we didn't get wet at all. There were tons of kids getting everyone wet, but when we walked by they didn't do anything to us. It was like we had a shield around us. It was cool. 
We had an exciting service activity last Saturday... we cut a field of tall grass with machetes. Let me just say, it's a lot harder than you think it would be. But it was funny to try to do it. We also did a lot of service washing clothes and dishes Tuesday, so that was fun too!
Oh I forgot to tell you how Jose is doing! He is progressing so so well! It really is the cutest thing ever. Every time we go to visit him he tells us about what his is reading in the Book of Mormon, the Restoration pamphlet, and in the Gospel Principles manual! He is a testimony to me of the power of the Holy Ghost in helping us learn. He is learning so much so fast now that he has the Gift of the Holy Ghost. He's going to go to the temple this Saturday to do baptisms for the dead. So cool! We still need to get to work teaching his wife. With her pregnancy it is hard to talk to her because she is sleeping a lot of the time, but we should finally teach her this week.
Wellp. I am as happy as a peach (maybe because it is peach season here and I am enjoying it to its fullest!) and all is well here! I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for us this week! I love you all so much and I hope all is well! Good luck with Molly's farewell and sending her off!
Les AMO Mucho!!!!!!

Hna Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment