Monday, March 10, 2014

I'm a surviver.... of CARNAVAL

Hola mi familia!
Like the title says... I survived Carnaval. A little wet, but I survived. haha. We enjoyed two afternoons brushing up on the Restoration and the lives of the pioneers. We found Hna Burton's DVD of the D&C videos that that was funny. The children here have no mercy and get everyone wet! But it was fun as well. It is cool to get to know another culture. They definitely celebrate Carnaval more than Christmas here.
This was a week full of faith and hard work! It feels so good to give everything to this work. Sometimes we don't see the results right away, but I know that the Lord will bless us in His time. Whenever I feel like my faith is starting to weaken, if I am discouraged or something like that, I start singing "tengo fe! tengo fe! tengo fe!" (I have faith) haha I am sure my companion is getting sick of it but it helps me stay positive and have faith!!! We had a huge blessing this Sunday and that was that Delia came to the stake conference! We have been working with her for a long time but her mom never gave her permission to come to church. It was so great to see her there and I am sure she was able to feel the special spirit of the conference. I have faith that she will continue to progress!
This was a special stake conference from Salt Lake for all the stakes here in Bolivia! It was so great! I learned so much. It was so cute, Sister Reeves from the General Relief Society Presidency gave her talk in Spanish. She was so nervous and trying so hard. It really brought the spirit because we could feel her love and desire to connect with the people here. Elder Nelson also talked. The spirit was so so strong as he talked about how special the Cochabamba temple is and the people are as well! Bolivia really is an incredible country.
We got to go with José to the temple as he did baptisms for the dead for the first time. It was so amazing and the smile on his face was incredible. He is so excited to go back and bring his own family names!! This work really is one of a kind! His wife should have her baby any day. This is the only thing that is getting in the way of her getting baptized, so hopefully everything can work out and she can start coming to church! I feel so blessed to know this family!
This week I read my patriarchal blessing every day. This brought me so much strength and help! It is such a blessing to have this guide in my life. I still remember how strong the spirit was the day I received my blessing and I know that it really was the Lord that gave me this blessing and insight into my life. As I read my blessing it also gives me a greater desire to do what is right and give my all so that I can receive the blessings that are there!
I hope all is well! Have a fun last week with Molly! You guys are the best, I love you all so much!!!!
Les AMO!

Hermana Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment