Monday, April 14, 2014

I AM JUST SO HAPPY

Hi family!
First off I will tell you all about my companion. Her name is Hermana Nieves (snow in english), she is from Lima Peru, she just turned 21 in January, she is studying to teach kindergartenish aged children, she is a convert as of 8 years (with 3 of her 5 siblings) and her parents are not members, and she is incredible!!!!! She is such a great missionary and I have learned so much from her!!!! She has such great desires to be here in the mission and loves teaching, which helps me a lot so I don't feel like I have to do everything! She is willing to talk to everyone and we work so well together. She has a sincere love for everyone we meet and is really patient. I am so excited for these next two transfers and I feel like we are going to have a lot of success! She reminds me a lot of my trainer, Hna Moscoso, and has the potential to be a really great missionary!
We have a lot of new investigators that we are working with! We visited a mom, Reina, with her two kids and niece and nephew. She along with her sister and kids came to an activity in the church Friday night! It was a miracle and so great to see them there!
Mayli is progressing just great! She came to church and said she liked it a lot! I have the faith that she will get baptized on May 3 like we have planned!
Today we have p-day with Pres and Hna Dyer! We are going to eat at their house and then visit a museum, I am super excited, it should be fun!
I was studying the October 2011 ensign about the Book of Mormon (the area presidency has said everyone should read the Book of Mormon, so we are focusing on that with our less actives) and I just love everything it says in this ensign. The Book of Mormon really has so so much power and is key to helping us develop a testimony and to have the power to overcome temptation and difficulties! I just love the BoM so much! It has changed my life and it is incredible to help others understand the importance of the BoM and receive blessings from reading it! I know it is the word of God!!!
Love you all and have a great week!
Hermana Gardiner

P.S. We had a cool service activity going to hospital where babies have cancer the picture is of this! (me with hna nieves)       

No comments:

Post a Comment