Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Refiner's Fire

 We love temple walks!
 The whole zone, before the other two districts left for France and Florida
 Temple walks tend to be rainy
Saying goodbye to Elder Shaw and Elder Frost, going to Lyon France
3 Nephi 24:2 But who may aabide the day of his coming, and who shall stand when he appeareth? For he is like a brefiner’s fire, and like fuller’s soap.
Heavenly Father shapes us to become what he wants us to be, through the trials and experiences we are given. I think it was a young women's leader who told me that when a silversmith is refining silver, he knows it is ready when he can see his reflection in the silver. I love that. Christ is our silversmith, and our ultimate goal is to have Him see Himself in us. It takes a lot of time, and a lot of pressure, but the outcome is worth it.
The MTC definitely has been a refiner's fire for me. I don't think my faith has ever been tested this much before. It is the hardest thing I have ever done. But I can feel it changing me for the better.
While studying the Doctrine and Covenants, my seminary teacher told us that like Joseph Smith, we would all have our own personal Liberty Jail experiences. Times when our faith would be tested to the extreme. This is definitely the closest it has gotten to that for me. Classes are long, the food is killing me, but man, I have had to rely so much on my savior, and that has made this experience worth it. There is no place I would rather be.
French is coming along. It's weird, they hardly TEACH any French to us. They pretty much expect us to teach ourselves. It's been an interesting process, but it has been good. I love the language so much. I can tell that I am improving.
I have thought SO much about my Savior and his Atonement while I have been here. Make sure you take time to recognize what our Savior has done for you every day, especially with Easter coming up. He has done so much for us.
Well I love you all! Happy Birthday Emma, Peter, and Kate!!! I hope you all have had/will have good birthdays. Happy Easter!

Soeur Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment